Team Rambo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
If anyone would like to donate to Vent you can donate through here, its not necessary at all, but if you want to donate it is more then welcome
Latest topics
» Friend invite pls?
by sasha000 Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:37 am

» Guild Application: Stratos-
by thefted Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:20 pm

» This Maint
by strqaz Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:13 pm

» WoE Event for November
by strqaz Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:14 pm

» Guild App (already in x3)
by 0rland0 Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:21 pm

Tomorrow's Maintenance

4 posters

Go down

Tomorrow's Maintenance Empty Tomorrow's Maintenance

Post  Witch Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:12 am

http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=49488&posts=22&start=1

Heimdallr wrote:Well tomorrow is another maintenance.

Plans:
Sakray we can eliminate the DC when player dies thing (can't do much for main servers for WoE yet)

Valkyrie NPC for naming / renaming Wings of Victory

Lucky boxes will stick around

Basically all event quests will stay in.

And we'll see what other surprises we can come up with.

We are doing a DB redo, it helps us in the long run, but I don't know if it will directly fix the latency that has been present. We have confirmed that the latency is not normal given the amount of traffic on the games. We knew this but now it is confirmed with development and solutions are being worked on. This means that in the upcoming weeks we will likely have a very long maintenance to completely remake something.

I would like to get honest feedback on the WoE latency today. It didn't seem bad to me, but I also have a closer connection than many of you. I know there was still lag, but I need a comparison of last Wednesday for instance to know if what we did worked or not.

"Basically all event quests will stay in." Honestly, why does Heimdallr have to be so vague? Saying "basically all" degrades the meaning of "all" in his statement. It's just like saying "basically it's the same thing" when that person really means "they're really similar but not completely the same". =\

"Witch is a bitch."
"Witch is like the Red Queen."
"It's basically the same thing".
"NO IT'S NOT!"

I'm not some short, ill-tempered, spoiled Caucasian girl with tons of make-up plattered on my face ordering suits around. See what I mean? I don't need some throne to show I'm a queen. Razz
Witch
Witch

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's Maintenance Empty Re: Tomorrow's Maintenance

Post  Koukomo Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:21 am

Witch wrote:"Basically all event quests will stay in." Honestly, why does Heimdallr have to be so vague? Saying "basically all" degrades the meaning of "all" in his statement. It's just like saying "basically it's the same thing" when that person really means "they're really similar but not completely the same". =\

Yeah. It's like a lazy disclaimer in case something suspicious does pop up or disappear. They can just go like "well we did say BASICALLY.. that doesn't mean everything's the same." Stupid semantics. :<

~Kou
Koukomo
Koukomo

Back to top Go down

Post  Witch Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:10 pm

Koukomo wrote:
Witch wrote:"Basically all event quests will stay in." Honestly, why does Heimdallr have to be so vague? Saying "basically all" degrades the meaning of "all" in his statement. It's just like saying "basically it's the same thing" when that person really means "they're really similar but not completely the same". =\

Yeah. It's like a lazy disclaimer in case something suspicious does pop up or disappear. They can just go like "well we did say BASICALLY.. that doesn't mean everything's the same." Stupid semantics. :<

~Kou

Yeah =\. It's like a security blanket to cover their arses and have an excuse ready JUST in case. "Well we did say MOSTLY ALL, not just ALL." Jeez.
Witch
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  Dyamonde Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:41 pm

http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=42932&posts=2&start=1

June 24th, 2010

* Ice Titans, Dragons turnins and enhanced spawn stay until July 1
* Kafra girl hat boxes (Telling Box) are vendable
* Lucky box will leave July 1
* Double Exp, continues to July 1
* Double Drops Starts and goes until July 1
* Last day to make $39 or more purchase to get Wings of Victory hat!
* Valkyrie is in SE Prontera putting heroes names on the Wings of Victory until July 1
* Crown of Deceit upgrade event is still on until July 1
* A new event is going in to help you invite your friends to play RO.
Any purchase of a 30, 90, or 180 day subscription will get a code for a 30 day subscription emailed to the registered email address. This code can be used by any account to start or continue their adventure.
If you do it today (Thursday) it also can qualify towards the $39 for the Wings of Victory!
The 15 days left restriction on Subscriptions is somewhat lifted for this event.
This event is from 6/24 - 7/1 Midnight.

Now for the not so obvious changes.

* We are moving some maps around to remedy the Ymir instance dungeon Disconnect issue
* Complete overhaul of the Ymir DataBase structure, this is both for future proofing and for potential latency resolution.
* This maintenance may go long for Ymir due to the DB update.
Dyamonde
Dyamonde
Admin

Character sheet
Mafia:

https://teamrambo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  strqaz Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:32 pm

at last a drop event after 1~2 months?
strqaz
strqaz